The deregulation of aviation and air traffic control in the 1990s, along with the advent of low-cost airlines, has led to a polarization of the industry between cost leaders and luxury carriers. Volatile fuel prices, increasing financing costs, demands for greater sustainability and intense competition are currently creating ongoing challenges. Meanwhile, overcapacity and a sharp drop in revenue on account of Covid-19 pose the greatest difficulties yet for the industry.
Mazars has decades of extensive expertise in all areas essential for aviation – from providing expert opinions for airports and advising foreign airlines on the taxation of domestic permanent establishments to auditing annual financial statements for air traffic control providers. Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to respond to the unique issues of our clients and provide the right specialist for every need.
We are there to support you in setting up a subsidiary, entering a branch office into the commercial register or completing the tax registration process. Likewise, we can perform all administrative duties on your behalf, such as hiring staff.
We are a business partner of the Board of Airline Representatives in Germany (BARIG).
We offer the following services for the aviation sector:
- Payroll for branch offices and subsidiaries of foreign airlines in Germany
- Financial accounting
- Preparation of tax returns
- Aviation excise tax declaration
- Tax advice, such as calculating domestic segments for turnover tax purposes (for foreign airlines from countries without reciprocal agreements)
- Reviews of additional levies, such as landing fees
- Advice on optimum fixed costs
- Labor law advice