Jan Kochta Partner
Areas of expertise:
- IT Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Law
- Public Services
- International legal services
Special sector knowledge:
- IT, Digital media, High-tech, E-commerce
- Public Sector, Utilities
- Automotive, Manufacturing
Professional memberships and other roles:
- Global Leader Legal Service Line · Member of the Management Board of Marcalliance
- BITKOM (Germany’s Digital Association)
- Durham University Law Society
- Since 2016 Mazars in Germany
- 2011–2016 PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal
- 2009–2011 T-Systems International, Legal Department
- 2008–2009 LLM in International Trade and Commercial Law at the University of Durham (UK)
- 2006–2008 International Law Firm, Paris and London
- 2004–2006 Legal Internship (German ‘Rechtsreferendariat’) in Dresden and Paris
- 1998–2003 Law Studies at the University of Dresden, Germany
Jan Kochta joined Mazars with his team in 2016, responsible for legal advice in IT Law and IP Law. In addition, he has a further focus on advising in corporate and commercial law.
Before joining Mazars, he worked for many years as a lawyer in international law firms and companies, most recently at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Jan advises national and international companies and groups and the public sector across all industries, particularly cross-border structures and transactions, contractual structuring and realization of IT/IP projects, and innovative systems and business models.
He has expertise in licensing law and models, know-how protection, IT-outsourcing, procurement of IT services, digitalization projects, and trademark law. For many years, Jan has been a permanent member of the BITKOM working group on ICT contracts and legal structuring.
Jan, as Global Leader of Mazars’ Legal Service Line, is also the contact person for Mazars' international legal services. He also represents our company in the Management Board of Marcalliance, our global alliance of lawyers with 22 independent member firms and a total of more than 820 professionals at 53 locations worldwide.