Cryptocurrencies – a lucrative business. In what cases are taxes due?
As these digital methods of payment develop, private investors and companies find themselves faced with a number of open questions: How should profits and losses from investing and using bitcoin be treated from the perspective of taxes? What is the legal situation regarding cryptocurrencies? And what is important for the accounting of bitcoin?
In a series of articles, we’ll get you up to date about the topic of “Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in taxes, law and auditing”. Topics covered:
- Taxation of private investors
- Cryptocurrencies as a method of payment from the perspective of value added tax
- Taxation of bitcoin in business environments
- Accounting treatment of bitcoin
- Bitcoin mining/mining pools
- Initial coin offerings (ICO)
- Cryptocurrency exchanges