Private equity investors currently find themselves in an ever more intense competitive environment. They are increasingly being driven to develop and implement flexible, innovative financing and transaction solutions to optimise the handling of transactions.
We advise you and your globally operating private equity company at every stage of complex transactions in the small and mid-cap sectors. Through knowledgeable advice and the expertise of our lawyers, tax advisers, and valuation specialists, we enable you to achieve your goals and at the same time adapt to an increasingly demanding economic and regulatory environment.
Our experts support you in the pre-acquisition phase, during the transaction, throughout the lifecycle of the portfolio company, and at the exit. We set up the appropriate acquisition structures for you; design the management and participation models; negotiate the purchase, financing, and investment contracts; advise you on financial matters, and implement the corporate governance legal structures best suited to your needs.
Our domestic and foreign clients include numerous globally operating private equity firms. We understand the associated problems and legal developments and assist investors worldwide in ensuring legal certainty for transactions from concept to implementation.
Our consulting is individualised, efficient, and international. As your personal contact, we offer you customised, practical solutions that free up your time for important tasks like identifying potential takeover targets and their value growth.
Thanks to our multidisciplinary approach and the correspondingly close cooperation between lawyers and tax advisers, we possess specialised expertise in tax and corporate law consulting and structuring for all types of private equity transactions. We provide comprehensive transnational support through our international partner offices of the Mazars Group and the Marcalliance law alliance.
In the private equity sector, we offer you the following services:
- Advice and preparation of all preliminary agreements such as confidentiality agreements and term sheets/letters of intent
- Performance of due diligence and the economic and/or legal assessment of assets, in particular infrastructure, IP, and technology
- Preparation and negotiation of transaction documents (e.g., the share purchase agreement and company acquisition contract) as well as any equity and shareholder agreements and all supporting documents
- Advice on implementing participation schemes, also within an international context
- Advice on management involvement in buy-in/buy-out transactions
- Advice on the implementation of corporate governance structures under corporate law
- Advice on the implementation of all types of employee participation programmes (VSOP, ESOP), taking into account the tax implications
- Labour law advice, in particular when drawing up service contracts for managing directors and executive board members, employment and freelancer contracts, as well as any necessary restructuring with regard to labour law
- Preparation of, advice on, and implementation of national and transnational exits as part of an IPO or sale, also in the case of secondaries