A need to determine the appropriate value of a company may arise due to statutory requirements or under company law, or due to entrepreneurial initia-tives or changes of ownership and the tax implications thereof.
We will assist you by determining externalised company values according to the principles of the IDW standard: Principles for Conducting Company Valuations (IDW, p.1). You can depend on our extensive expertise in matters concerning valuations and regulatory compliance.
We act as neutral expert or auditor in the following situations:
- Company valuations for determining exchange ratios, cash compensation or settlements in the case of measures under stock corporation and business reorganisation law, such as mergers, squeeze outs, control and/or profit transfer agreements
- Valuation and impairment test for conducting capital increases through contributions in kind
- Acquisitions and takeovers under the German Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (WpÜG)
- Shareholder admissions and exits
- Inheritance disputes, settlements in family matters
- Preparation of expert reports for valuations required in and out of court
The determination of an objective company value gives you maximum value certainty by using valuation methods that are recognised in theory and practice, and high-quality standards that take account of the latest capital market and valuation theory. Our user-friendly reporting serves both to meet the statutory requirements applicable to management and supervisory boards, e.g. under the German Stock Corporation Act (AktG), Limited Companies Act (GmbHG), Reorganisation of Companies Act (UmwG) and Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (WpÜG) and as documentation for courts and tax authorities. With careful supervision of the steps required to prepare and implement the Shareholders' General Meeting, we ensure that the Management Board complies with its reporting obligations and is able to avoid legal risks such as actions for avoidance.